Chocolate and orange are just so delicious together. With the oranges beginning to ripen on the trees putting them into muffins just seemed like the right thing to do.
I get together with a few like minded friends weekly to learn guitar, during our coffee break there’s always cake, I was hosting this week and must admit it’s been a busy week and I was tempted to go out and buy some cakes. My chief taste tester said these were like Jaffa cakes in a muffin and the guitar boys didn’t disagree.
These are so quick and easy to make, homemade muffins really couldn’t be simpler. They are also a lot more tasty than anything you’ll buy in the shops. Plus of course we know what’s gone into them. Organic oranges from trees near by have a flavour that no chemist will ever be able to copy.
- 2 cups s/r flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or melted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oranges zest and juice
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- caster sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (fan assisted)
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, chocolate chips and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs and orange juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and combine quickly, don’t over mix just make sure it’s all combined together.
- Spoon into 12 silicon muffin cups
- Bake in the oven for approx 15 minutes until golden brown.
Don’t want chocolate or orange, it’s really easy to change the flavours. Replace the orange juice with 1 cup of milk and then add nuts, chocolate, cherries or anything else that takes your fancy.
To make it healthier the sugar can be substituted for honey or stevia.
help support this blog anything you purchase after following these links will cost you the same but I’ll get a very very small commission. thank you