I was nominated by Tanya at Tanya’s101 Wow, great, thank you so much… Oh but then again, what exactly is it?
What is the Liebster Award?
Having Googled around it’s a blogging thing. The Liebster award is a way for bloggers who have been around a little while to recognise those that are newer to the blogging scene. So it’s great to be recognised and found by the community and discovered by those who didn’t know I existed.
There’s Rules of Course:
It all seems fairly flexible and constantly changing. Basically you list 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you. Nominate some more bloggers and give them 11 questions. I’ve researched for bloggers, some are in Greece and travel, others expats, in food, health or photography all of them like me are relatively unknown or new to blogging. So here goes:
My nominees are:
- Christine at The Donkey Lake
- Alison Tannis at Nutrition for Real Life
- Jake Lange and Patri Prieto-Blanco at The Stereoscopic Eye
- Elizabeth at Our Big Fat Greek Life
- Linda at Gluten Free and Me
- Rebecca at Life Beyond Borders
- Matt and Maria at Sun and Shine
- Chrysoula at Photography Traveller
11 Random Facts About me:
- I’ve moved house 20 times.
- I have a BA in English Literature.
- I was a carnival princess.
- I’ve lived in 5 countries.
- I’ve taught in a palace.
- I’ve lived in 8 different UK counties.
- I’ve ridden an elephant.
- I served in the Royal Air Force.
- I love spicy food.
- I’ve played with a lion cub.
- I like camping.
11 Questions From Tanya’s 101:
1. What do you want to achieve by blogging?
Blogging for me is about sharing knowledge and experiences. About a community that reach out and help each other. I write as a way of connecting with other expats or those who are thinking of joining our community. I love to see people coming together through my blog either commenting on the blog, on the facebook page or other social network platforms that’s the best achievement.
2. Which blogging achievement are you proud of most?
Hitting the publish button every time. It’s the most scary thing to do and yet I’m so amazed when the post it out there published and people actually read it.
3. What does your perfect day look like?
I think the idea of a perfect day is over rated. It’s like Christmas day there’s the planning and anticipation but it never quiet lives up to your hopes. So really the perfect day is this one, it’s making the most of every day we have and enjoying the life we have. Sitting her right now writing this, I have internet, electricity, a home and family. That makes me one of the lucky ones in life
4. How do you describe home?
Home for us is where we are and a reflection of the people we are. Warm, welcoming and slightly cluttered like my brain. A place to relax and be thoughtful. A place to be creative and every so slightly mad. A place where plants grow and people thrive. A place with good food, good friends, great nights and even better days.
5. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Not sure I’d really like a super power, but after some thought I’ve gone with flight. The only problem is I’d like everyone to have it. Imagine the energy that would be saved if everyone could fly. No more cars or planes. I suppose it would be complete chaos too though? But just think of the shopping and holiday possibilities?
6. Write down the lyrics of a song which describe you today.
It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take away
I’m a hot air balloon, I could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do
7. What’s your favorite book of all times? Why?
I don’t have a favourite book. It’s impossible to have. I’ve read so many (literature teacher) and still the list of those I want to read is longer that those I’ve read. How could I ever chose just one.
8. If you could make the travel of your dreams, where would you go?
Being an expat travel is what I do, it’s my everyday. There are lots of places I’d still love to go, I want to see and experience the whole world.
9. Name five goals you want to have achieved one year from now.
In a year from now I’d like to:
- Be fitter than I am now.
- Learn a lot more about web design and CSS
- Harvest our own grapes.
- Learn how to use the go-pro.
- Made at least one piece of clothing and be able to wear it.
10. What is your most important life lesson so far?
We only have one life, this is it, it’s not a dress rehearsal. You have to live your life now.
11. Which dream are you planning on achieving?
I’d like us to live a more sustainable life, make more use of solar energy and grow more of the food we eat.
Nominees once you’ve answered the questions please put a link to them so I can read them.
My 11 Questions:
- How did you decide on the title for your blog?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? and why?
- What blogs to you read on a regular basis?
- What’s one of the best travel lessons you’ve learnt so far?
- What’s your best blog post far? And the link?
- What’s your most unusual experience so far?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite food? and Why?
- What piece of advice would you give someone thinking of starting a blog?
- What 5 things do you always pack for a journey?
- What song describes you today?
Happy blogging out there. Some of you know a little more about me and I hope will discover some new blogs to read too.